Here is a very rough recording of my presentation last week at the Music Education Expo in London. As you can tell, I didn’t know I was being filmed at the time!
For those of you who don’t want to chance the dodgy video, my key take-away points are:
- Add technology to the toolkit and continue to embrace acoustic instruments.
- Use a microphone, together with an effects unit to encourage vocalisation.
- Cables get everywhere and take time to sort. Embrace wireless technology. Use releasable cable ties to help keep cables tidy.
- Speakers are the bit you listen to. Invest in these. Be careful where you place them to ensure you reinforce cause and effect.
- Cause and effect is important. With technology we can loose this. Do activities that reinforce cause and effect.
- Think outside the box. Use and abuse the technology and make it do things it wasn’t ‘meant’ to do.
- Never rip off the L-plates – we are all co-learners.
Many thanks to Drake Music for inviting me to take part.
Leave a Reply